Tuesday, August 18, 2015

You Gnome Me So Well

Hello again friends.. I have couple more cards to share, I played with my MFT stamps and did some  MFT Summer School homework...
 
Card #1:
My first card is about Lesson #12 symmetry/Asymmetry..
 
 
I chose asymmetry for my card and followed MFT sketch #241.
 
I inked up the images from MFT BB You Gnome Me set, colored everything with Copics. The design paper is from MME which is die-cut using LF small stitched rectangle dies and the circle is die-cut using We R Memory Keepers circle die and then I made faux stitches with a black gel pen. 
The white dot on mushrooms are highlighted using Sakura white pen and I also added some glitter to the mushrooms and to the snail's shell.
Here is a close up:
 
 
Card #2:
The next MFT summer school lesson #13 is about Design: Hard vs. Soft..
Now I don't normally use a lot of textured elements on my card like ribbon, twine, buttons, etc... but I tend to balance thins up with shapes like circular (soft edges) vs. straight or angled lines (hard edges)...
Here is my card following lesson #13..
 
 
It's been long I wanted to play with this super cute set... finally I got the chance...
This set is called Whole Herd from Birdie Brown. The chickies and the cow is colored using Copics and the hay stack is colored using Prisma colored pencils. For the design paper is from DCVW and I used rolling hills die on some green cardstock. The clouds is die-cut from LF spring showers. I stamped the sentiment on the cloud die-cut which is from BB Green Pastures set.
Finally I wanted to add a sun to complete the scene so decided to use a yellow button instead of die-cut and also tied a jute natural twine to it..
Here is a close up:
 
 
That's all from me today, hope you liked both my cards...
Hop on over to the MFT blog and check out all their MFT Summer School Lessons..
Thanks for stopping by!!
 
Hugs,
Chitra
 

1 comment:

  1. This scene is so cute. You did a great job coloring, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave such sweet comments!!! Love reading them all!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...