Wednesday, August 19, 2015

I Missed You Birthday

Hello friends, I am back with my cards which I made for  MFT Summer School lesson #14 and #15.
Card #1:
Lesson #14 is about Color Saturation. I normally use highly saturated colors on my cards, I just love fun and bright colors on my cards and that is what I chose to use today as well...

 
 I played with BB Green Pastures set, I stamped her on Neenah solar white cardstock and colored using Copics. For the background I used distress inks and did some free hand water-coloring... Adhered the watercolor panel to a red cardstock from Recollections using foam sheet and strong glue.
Here is a close up..

 
Card #2:
For my second card I followed lesson #15 which is about Color Temperature...
Ok so warm colors are my go to colors, which I would normally say bright and fun colors and I will admit that it was kind of difficult for me to play with just the cool or the neutrals...
 
 
Here I played with the cool colors.. Really didn't know what to do initially then I remembered that I have this You're Super stamp set from MFT Birdie Brown, these colors are perfect to create a night sky background for this cutie.
I stamped her on neenah solar white cardstock and colored her using copics, for the background I used distress and memento inks; sponged it on a white cardstock panel, added few drops of water and also made some stars with my Sakura white pen.
Here is a close up..

 
That's all from me today!! I really  enjoyed making these cards and hope you liked them too.
Thanks for stopping by!!
 
Hugs,
Chitra
 

3 comments:

  1. These cards are ABSOLUTELY amazing! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been spotted!

    http://www.cardchallenges.com/2015/09/youve-been-spotted-september-22-2015.html

    Susan R. Opel
    Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  3. Author missed her friend's birthday. Then she thought that she will celebrate her birthday and friend will come to her. Baker Of Ace In the celebration of birthday cake has main role.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave such sweet comments!!! Love reading them all!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...